Surviving a Surprise Asthma Attack
Try as we might, there will still be days when we forget to take your asthma inhaler with us. This can be dangerous should you experience an asthma attack when you’re out. While we are known for selling quality diabetic supplies, we still cater to different types of health problems.
Choice Pharmacy is here to give you tips on how you can effectively deal with an asthma attack without an inhaler. Take a look:
- Sit upright. Bending over or lying down can constrict your breathing even more.
- Stay calm. Panicking will only cause a further tightening of your chest muscles.
- Take long, deep breaths. This will help slow down your breathing and reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Get away from the trigger. Your asthma attack could have been triggered by dust, the smell of chemicals, or pollen.
- Take a hot caffeinated beverage. Warm caffeinated drinks like coffee can help to open up your airways and give you a few hours to get professional help.
Asthma attacks should be taken seriously. Prevent further complications by stocking up on asthma medication from our pharmacy in Houston, Texas.