Managing Diabetes: Eating and Living
Diabetes is a common lifestyle disease. Every year, hundreds of thousands of Americans are diagnosed with this illness. High blood sugar usually results from a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits.
Once diagnosed with diabetes, one needs a change in lifestyle to achieve and maintain a normal blood sugar level. And apart from insulin shots, diabetes patients need appropriate diabetic supplies on hand to help them manage and monitor their health.
But you don’t have to run to your nearest pharmacy in Houston, Texas, for that insulin shot. Here’s how you can naturally lower blood sugar levels:
- Regular exercise can increase your insulin sensitivity and helps your body absorb sugars from your blood.
- Avoid carbohydrate-rich food as it gets broken down as glucose in your body and contributes to high blood sugar levels.
- Increase soluble fiber-rich food in your diet. High-in-fiber foods include green leafy vegetables, legumes, and whole grains.
- Drink water and stay hydrated.
- Control your stress levels as it can affect blood sugar.
Aside from these tips, you may also invest in devices that can help you measure and monitor your blood sugar level. Choice Pharmacy has available medical supplies in Texas that can help you keep track and determine if you need to make adjustments in your food intake or lifestyle.
Don’t feel defeated if you’re diagnosed with diabetes. Instead, take it as a challenge to take better care of yourself.